HELLO
<br>
<br>I do believe I mentioned that the Sierra MKs have worked fine for "my friends and I" at short range and at extreme longrange.
<br>
<br>I have no complaint against the Sierra MKs I have ever used on game. They have expanded well and kill much better then you seem to think they can. They also perform better then some of the so called hunting bullets for "us."
<br>
<br>I'm not sure if you have ever used them or not because you keep refering back to something you read 30 years ago or that Sierra doesn't recommend them.
<br>
<br>Have you had a bad experiance with the bullet or have you not used them for hunting at all? You yourself just said how well they shoot for you.
<br>
<br>As I stated before, if you have never used them, you would NOT know what they will do at any range, would you?
<br>
<br>My main Calibers at present for LR hunting are the 338/416 Rigby Imp using the 338--300 Gr MK and the 220 Gr MK in the Big 30s such as 30/378 Weatherby. The 6.5/300 Weatherby does quite well with the 142 Gr Mk also as does the 7/300 Weatherby using the 168 Gr MK.
<br>
<br>All these MKs work extremely well on game at any range "I" have ever killed them at.
<br>
<br>I do have MANY longrange friends that use NOTHING but Sierra MKs and we all can't be wrong now can we ?
<br>
<br>So, if you haven't tried them could you really know how they perform? If you have had a bad experiance using them, Please tell us about it.
<br>
<br>We as experianced LR hunters HIGHLY recommend the Sierra MK for our style of hunting and they also work for us in our carry guns when we shoot at short range.
<br>
<br>If "you" can't accept that, I can't help it, it's a fact. Match Kings work.
<br>
<br>Later
<br>Darryl