If
<br>
<br>I believe the other poster said to shooT at 100 yards "AND" 1500 yards and see how many missed targets there were at 1500 yds as compared to 100 yards. He also said a 10" plate and you said 8".
<br>
<br>I countered by saying the KILL area for an elk is 24". That means we have a window of 24" for the elk kill.
<br>
<br>So, here is what I would bet "you". Since the yardage is 15X further at 1500 yards as to 100 yards, we will start with a 24" kill zone target at 1500 yards.
<br>Lets divide 15 into the 24 " and you now have a 1.60" target to shoot at 100 yards which is the equal size as to what I would be shooting at 1500 Yards as a comparison of difficulty.
<br>You can even set your hunting rifle in sandbags if you wish and NOW lets go for your bet? Sound good?
<br>
<br>Probably the best scenerio would be for you to shoot off hand at the size plate (8") you mentioned and Boyd and I will shoot at the 24" kill zone target of 24" at 1500 Yards and see if you are still interested in the bet? This makes the difficulty more equal doesn't it?
<br>
<br>Nobody EVER said we were able to put every shot in an 8" or 10" plate at 1500 yards. We only need to put our shots into a 24" (elk) or 16" (deer) kill area.
<br>Why would we be interested in shooting an 8" or 10" target at 1500 yards when the kill area of 24" and is the SAME for the shortrange shooter?
<br> Lets add some difficulty for the short range shooter here too since we are betting and see just how well he does. Isn't that fair???? .
<br>
<br>I wouldn't take the bet of two mentioned scenerios if I were you.
<br>
<br>Darryl Cassel