Eremicus,
<br>
<br>You bring up some valid points. I have a few questions.
<br>
<br>You say that you shoot .5 MOA that's great shooting but.. how far will your rifle hold .5 MOA I highly doubt that the flat base bullet will hold .5 MOA out to 1500 yards, I'm not sure if it will hold .5 MOA to 1000 yards.
<br>
<br>The BC and ability to lay into the wind are a BIG deal. The impact velocities are higher because of that. Who said these bullets don't open up or retain weight?
<br>
<br>Matchkings don't have to perform like your bullets. All they have to do is perform in such a way that they quickly and efficiently kill game without wounding. Trouble is they DO just that! As quickly and efficiently as your bulets.
<br>
<br>The deflection testing your talking about. I hope you don't make it a habit to shoot into brush or trees. What angle was the glass at during those test. When was the last time you shot through glass to kill an animal?
<br>
<br>You bring up a point about spending a few more bucks for a big game bullet, valid but shoot a couple 1000 rounds a year. If they work why change?
<br>
<br>I havn't read Mike Lau's book yet. He is very respected in the sniper world, but I am not sure how many animals he has shot with a matchking.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>