Your "very" confused on that statement. It's not "JUST" the 300 Gr 338 Mk that will do it.
<br>
<br>Actually, the 200 Gr Sierra Matchking in the 30/378 and the 168 Gr in the 7/300 Weatherby did the same thing at yardages from 1150 yards to 1360 Yards we have made kills on also. We like the 338--300 gr for yardages out past 1400 yards.
<br>
<br> One frontal shot I recall on an elk, with the 168 Gr in a 7/300 Weatherby at 1150 yards went in at the juncture of the neck and the chest and exited out part way back in the rib cage on the opposit side. The elk was standing with a slight angle toward us.
<br>
<br>Both Of the above mentioned Mks did inneed penitrate clear through.
<br>The 200 Gr I remember on one Bull went through BOTH shoulders at 1360 Yards.
<br>
<br>Yes, even the smaller bullets (168 Gr and 200 Gr) will do what your partitions are capable of, only at a MUCH further range then your 5 or 6 hundred yards you have experiance with. I believe you mentioned that range didn't you?
<br>I believe I said at the time, our shots are not That "Close" unless we are hunting short range and with carry guns.
<br>
<br>Again I will make this statement,
<br>Your Partitions Would "NEVER" do to game what the MK does to it "at the ranges we shoot". Reason being, they don't have the BC to retain the speed and energy that far or retain their accuracy. That's exactly why we use the Sierra MK.
<br> Are you still Unclear on that? I can give more comparisons if you really want to hear it. I'm 62 years old, have been shooting a long time and have seen what the differences are. I didn't just come on the scene.
<br>
<br>To sum this up a bit further, Maybe you should continue to use your partitions and stiick to shots no further then 500 or 600 hundred yards (that your used to) and my LR friends and I will continue to use the Sierra Match Kings and both of us will be happy?
<br>Your never going to use MKs and I will NEVER use Partitions after I saw the results of bullet flight down range and the poor accuracy they gave in excess of 800 yards. Maybe 500 or 600 they are fine for you but, for me, I want the MKs performance and "Accuracy."
<br>
<br>The BIG difference here is, I've tried the Partitions and they are not VERY accurate at the ranges we shoot. You admited you have not tried the Sierra MK. I guess that says something.
<br>
<br>I'll give you this as sort of a compremise, for the hunter wanting to make short shots, the partition OR the MK will work just fine. Anything past 500 yards stick to the MOST accuracy you can and try the Sierra MK. It will do the job on deer and elk size animals.
<br>
<br>Thanks for your input.
<br>Darryl