Eremicus:
<br>
<br>Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I usually respect yours, but in this case you are telling someone how their bullets shouldn't perform when they are saying that on multiple occasions in actual hunting situations at widely varying distances they have performed more than adequately and they have some positive qualities associated with MKs that other brands or types of bullets don't have. Unless you believe they are flat out fibbing, which I absolutely don't(and what would they have to gain) then what more proof can you reasonably expect? You are taking the word of a ballistician at Sierra above actual results. Doesn't make sense.
<br>
<br>I happen to have a few thousand 168 gr .308 MKs and some 200s laying about and I am going to go out and do my best to shoot a feral hog with one in either a .308 or a .30-06, but unless it is big one, recovery is unlikely, but I will report results if I can get a hog to cooperate.
<br>
<br>PS: I hate to repeat second hand information but I have asked several very competent deer hunting friends of mine if they have ever used a MK to shoot a deer with over the years, and they all said yes and they all said it stoned the animal. Now that is only about 3 people as I recall, but I know these guys and know they had no reason not to tell it exactly like it happened. I believe them and I believe the LR hunters about their performance. The idea that Mks are the absolute best choice under all circumstances at all ranges is ludicrous, but that is not what they are saying. Nor is any other bullet.

Last edited by If It Flies It Dies; 03/07/02.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq