Speaking of bets, here's one for you guys to think about.
<br>
<br>This is not a trick in any form. It is just a proposition bet that requires some thinking.
<br>
<br>Use a standard poker, 52 card deck. Standard poker rules, 5 card draw, draw as many cards as you want on your turn(up to 5, of course). Suits do not count. That is spades are not higher than clubs, etc.
<br>
<br>2 people playing, play 2 hands, using either a real or an imaginary deck, other person goes first and gets to specify his initial 5 cards. Second person then gets to specify his initial 5 cards from whatever is left out of the 47 remaining cards in deck. First person draws or stands pat. If he draws he gets to specify his cards. Second person draws or stands pat, same deal, he can specify his cards out of the remaining "live" cards. That is, cannot specify cards that have been discarded. Then, the best hand wins. Then the second player goes first, etc. I am the second player in this example and I will win at least one of the hands, and probably, but not certainly, tie the other. How do I do it?

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq