Hello---To the original poster who brought up the size targets at 100 and 1500 yards.
<br>
<br>As origanlly posted by you, I would take the bet and say that "as written", without any scenario changes as "If" and I have been bouncing around, the 10" plate would be hit more times (certainly) at 100 yards using the "SAME" (as at 1500 yards) rifle then the 1500 yard same size target. Now as you mentioned again, if the target was a kill zone target at 1500 yards the odds are much better for the 1500 yard shot but, still not as good as the 100 yard shot using the "same" rifle.
<br>The "SAME" rifle at 100 yards and 1500 yards is the catch here. I'm all for that and anyone wanting to bet or shoot as origanally posted, I'm for. You said nothing about, off hand, prone, bipods or benchrest style. I would presume that means take your pick of styles.
<br>I'm an extreme lR shooter/hunter and you all should know which way I will be shooting my 67 Lb rifle.
<br>Yes again, to "this" bet and if "IF" wants to try that, I would be all for it as "originally posted".
<br>
<br>I mentioned shot for shot , side by side, same day and time and same size target. The scenerios got changed by he and I along the way, (in these many posts) for both of us to make a point. I however, never said anything about which style of shooting one was to take.
<br>
<br>I suggest anyone forgetting how this was originally written, to go back and read it again.
<br>
<br>Darryl