Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
just the other day, read a posting about a chaldean archer assigned to the roman brigade in jerusalem. found and encountered a young hebrew girl. mary i think was her name. they became entwined, and a child was borne. maybe it was all circumstantial, i don't know. i wasn't there. but the record is available for scrutiny. maybe further research is needed?

Gus,

There's at least 6 Mary's in the NT. It was a very common name, so it's no real surprise that a Roman soldier knocked one up. Heck it would be more surprising if the Roman Soldier were not taking an interest in the local girls.

Why do you believe there were Marys in the New Testament and yet reject the Central Figure of the New Testament? You're trying to convince those who believe there was no vigin birth by appealing to a rape for which there is no record.

I did not say I believed they existed, but there are no less then 6 characters in the text with that name. In addition, if you would read a little more closely, I'm suggesting that if Gus's tale is true, there's no reason to believe it was a Mary associated with the NT. What's more likely that it was this one fictional Mary, or one of the thousand of other Mary's in the area? As for rape, that's YOUR WORD. All Gus said is they "became entwined". Why would you jump from that to rape?

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 04/19/17.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell