Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
You are still avoiding the question of why you chose to be an Atheist.

Your claim of "no evidence to support it" is B.S.

The default position regarding God is Agnosticism, not Atheism.

Why did you choose Atheism, not Agnosticism?

Gene,

The modern use of Agnostic and Atheist have evolve since the term agnostic was coined by Thomas Huxley in 1869.

Today it's common to separate the two categories to belief and knowledge to better explain a persons position.

When doing so,

atheist/theist deals with believe,
agnostic/ gnostic deals with knowledge.

So as an example, a gnostic atheist is someone who knows there is no god, where an agnostic theist is someone who has a belief in theistic claims, but does not claim knowledge. In other words, this is the state of a good many Christians in this country who believe in God, but cannot tell you why, and probably haven't even read their Bible. This is probably the actual default position for most Americans. We live in a Christian dominated society where "everyone knows there is a God", so most grow up believing before they've every really studied or examined the issue. Some begin as an agnostic who does not automatically accept the theistic influences around them. Since they have not accepted the theistic claims, they begin as agnostic atheist. In other words, the true default position is one of atheism, not theism.

So when I say I'm an atheist, all that means is I reject theist claims. Since it is the Theist making the positive claims, it is they who have the burden of proof, and and this point, to me, all theist claims, Christian or other wise have failed to meet this burden of proof.

I can't say I'm Agnostic, because I'm very knowledgeable on the subject, so you could classify me as a gnostic atheist. One with knowledge who does not accept any theistic claims.

For me, the question is all about reason and evidence, an to date, you have presented no independently verifiable evidence to support your theistic claims, let alone any extraordinary evidence to match your extraordinary claims.
Thinking themselves wise, they became as fools.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.