AS.......

Ah, back to the real estate issue. Refuge of last resort for the naysayers.

So, again, was the prophecy against Tyre, the city state or against the real estate. Note this lifted comment:

"Non-believers often interpret this prophecy found in Ezekiel 26:1-21 as meaning that Nebuchadnezzar was supposed to be the one who destroyed Tyre. Believers, however, including myself, often interpret this prophecy as meaning that "many nations" were supposed to destroy the Phoenician city of Tyre, over a long period of time, beginning with Nebuchadnezzar. We base our interpretation on verse 3, which states that "many nations" would attack Tyre, like waves casting against the shore. And history shows that many nations did attack Tyre. Alexander the Great used ships from many nations to conquer the island city in about 332 BC, bringing a permanent end to the Phoenician Empire."

Note, bringing a permanent end to the "Phoenician Empire."

I note you are no longer arguing about the Neb prophecy and you are no longer arguing about Alexander's destruction of Tyre and his destruction of the nation of Tyre. You have retreated and take some dim consolation that since the are places where "fishermen spread their nets" and there are now Syrians (?) living there that the prophecy fails.

Eisegesis to the max.

Tell me, in your mind, do you think Ezekiel was prophesying against the real estate or the Phoenician Empire?

Last edited by TF49; 04/22/17.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”