Originally Posted by Hastings
I think everybody would be better served if believers did not engage non believers in acrimonious exchanges. With argument you have about as much chance convincing a fence post and you are driving a non believer into a corner. A better tactic would be to quietly make your case and then produce fruit in your own life that others can see. Too many people have had too many dishonest and faithless dealings with those who quickly validate their honesty by presenting themselves as Christians who wouldn't lie, embezzle, cheat etc and then proceed to do these very things. And we should all do like the Publican and stand afar off and pray "God have mercy on me, a sinner". Pray for these non believers. They are more than you can handle or win by force of argument. But He can convince. Pray for non believers, go into your closet and pray. I have a family member who was a preaching, recruiting, evangelizing atheist, and due to a work the Lord did in his life he now is a powerful voice and real example for the Lord and fills in as a lay preacher in his fundamentalist independent Presbyterian Church. Pray for these folks, do not berate or denigrate them. Be a friend and be an example that following Jesus produces something they need. There are plenty out there claiming to be Christian and the next thing that comes out is a lie or something hateful.Kind of gives Jesus a bad name when that is the introduction they get.

This^^

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester