This is a copy of the great post by TF49 responding to ASs assertion Bible prophecy was wrong because King Neb did not destroy Tyre as the Bible predicted.

s his assault on Jesus and His Word. Nothing new here and folks I can tell you that Jesus can deal with it. 

Anyway, as usual, AS is flat out wrong in his comment about the prophecy against Tyre not being fulfilled. If one is interested, it is good entertainment to read of the intellectual contortions the atheists go through to malign this prophecy. One of these jokers stated that since Tyre exists today, the prophecy could not have been true. This zealous dimwit proposes that Ezekiel prophesied against the “geography” and does not see that the prophecy is clearly against the city-state and evil leaders of Tyre. Tyre was ruined because of the evil it perpetrated. 

AS is a blind guide who only leads those that are unknowing and ill informed. He sits in the dark and does not know it. 

So, did Ezekiel prophesy that Tyre the nation state and rulers would be destroyed? Yes and it was so. 

Did he prophesy that many nations would come against Tyre? Yes and it was so.

Did he prophesy that Nebuchanezzar would come and ravage the mainlands? Yes and it was so.

Did he prophesy that it would become “bare rock” and a place to spread fishnets? Yes and it was so. 

Now did the place eventually become inhabited again? Of course, Ezekiel did not prophesy against the real estate, he prophesied against the evil city and it was indeed forever ruined and never to return. Great Tyre is no more, never to be rebuilt. Prophecy fulfilled

It is also very interesting to look at Ezekiel 28. This is a prophecy against the King of Tyre. Ezekiel says: “In the pride of your heart you say, “I am a god, I sit on the throne of a god in the heart of the seas.” But you are a man and not a god, though you think you are as wise as a god.”

Btw,

I note that AS stated : “And when did Nebuchadnezzar destroy Tyre? Oh, that’s right…. That prophecy failed…”

He states this as if it is true and the uniformed may take it that he is correct in this. This is another contortion. Ezekiel says that Neb will ravage the mainlands which were the settlements and city on the coast, not on the island. He did so and history tells us he gained the surrender of the princes and leaders and did in fact plunder. The great “tear down” was under Alexander where he razed the place.

AS and others practice what it called “eisegesis.” He reads something and pours HIS OWN meaning into and then tries to knock it down with some contorted argument. Exactly what he is doing here.

Here is what Ezekiel says:

In the eleventh month of the twelftha year, on the first day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me: “Son of man, because Tyre has said of Jerusalem, ‘Aha! The gate to the nations is broken, and its doors have swung open to me; now that she lies in ruins I will prosper,’ therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign Lord. She will become plunder for the nations, and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. Then they will know that I am the Lord.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin