Originally Posted by TF49
Wow, "weasel words" abound in your response. You judge the prophecy to be false because it is not written clear enough for YOU to understand it.

You place your own conditions on the prophecy. Since the verses do not meet YOUR view of what a prophecy should be, you deny it.

The facts remain. Ezekiel made a prophecy regarding the destruction of Tyre. It was destroyed. You do not find it within yourself to accept that so out comes the weasel words and the waffling.

Ezekial did not say it would be destroyed by Alexander 240 years later. He said it would be destroyed by Neberkenezer. The writing is very clear. Yes the alleged prophecy makes a single reference to "many nations" what we would today call a coalition force, it follows with:

"I will bring upon Tyrus Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, a king of kings, from the north,"

And specific actions are attributed to Nebuchadnezzar. Among those are:

26:9 And he shall set engines of war against thy walls, and with his axes he shall break down thy towers.

Nope, the walls stood.

26:10 when he shall enter into thy gates, as men enter into a city wherein is made a breach.

No, didn't happen.

26:11 With the hoofs of his horses shall he tread down all thy streets: he shall slay thy people by the sword, and thy strong garrisons shall go down to the ground.

No didn't happen.

26:12 And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water

No, after 13 years he gave up and negotiated a peace.

The result was to be:

26:14 And I will make thee like the top of a rock: thou shalt be a place to spread nets upon; thou shalt be built no more: for I the LORD have spoken it,

Tyre's complete build up today.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell