Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Gus
zounds to me like a bunch of space aliens traveled & networked over the earth, teaching and leading the inhabitants toward a civilized understanding? pyramids everywhere, statues that look "foreign?", superhuman building projects. things flying around...what was going on? were those ancient writers having a hallucination, or were they reporting what they were seeing, given their understanding as members of their culture?

Gus,

Do you really believe the Egyptians were incapable of building the Pyramids?

they finally did find a way to do so. it took a spell though. it didn't happen overnite, for sure. uh, and noone from over there has any direct knowledge of how they actually did it. the descendents don't know. why is that?

Gus,

It was completed around 2560 BCE. That about 4577 years ago, or 2000 generations ago.

What trade craft techniques were passed down to you from 4500 years ago? Can you weave grass moccasins?

why no, no i can't since you've asked. plenty of folks around the perimeter of modern culture can create useful bowls from long-leaf pine needles. not me, but they charge for such things as if they were unique, specialty products, and people buy them. good for everybody since the trees produce shed needles year after year.

honestly i don't even think we can replicate a cathedral built back in the middle ages. those skills seemed to have vanished? a modern day cathedral with a ton of details, what a concept. don't think many are coming up out of the ground these days. maybe all the sacred spots have already been taken? i don't know.