Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
A S ......have you ever considered the fact that individual conceptions of God are practically endless, so it would take a lot of dialogue to understand, and then refute, each claim.?

Gene,

That's why when someone asks me to disprove a god I first ask them to define the god in question.

As an example, you have more deist tendencies, and really don't seem to care all that much what the scriptures actually say. That is a much different position the Ringmans.

It's also why I'll ask participants if they believe in a young earth. There answer will tell me a lot about where they stand on the Curdog to Ringman continuum.

Also Curdog,

Think about where you and I've been debating lately. It's this very narrow piece of grounds around the reliability of internal personal experience as evidence. You don't throw many rocks, so I have nothing to throw back.

Others are quick to impune the motives and ethics of those of different beliefs, which is often followed with a thread of eternal torture, so yes, those rocks get tossed back.

I'll correct errors in your thinking as it pertains to me:

That "internal personal experience " you mention is evident ONLY to the person with the experience.

The improvement in the person's outlook on life, and his behavior is evident to all who knew him before and after. And unless you are willing to lay aside your prejudice and approach their stories with an open mind, you lack the one true ingredient of the scientific approach.

You should give as much credibility to Jung as to Freud, and you really should read "Varieties of Religious Experience" by William James since you seem to have an interest in the topic.

Curdog,

People make equal claims about a wide variety of religions. I know people who credit their personal improvements to hearing their dead ancestors. Should I accept that as "Scientific Evidence"?

How about the contra position of non-believers making improvements in their life. Is it your position that only Christians can make improvements in their lives, and if not how does that reflect upon your claim?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell