Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Gus

no one wants to be eaten by a carnivore. but the carnivores do have the right to live, right?

Gus,

I want to be ................................"eaten by a carnivore"................ shocked

preferably after I perish.

when it's time for me to leave this life, I hope to be out in the woods, far enough away some "carnivore" can enjoy the resources I've been collecting and storing as flesh for so many years..................before the "authorities" find my remains.

If all they find are the inedible bits, that would suit me fine.

Burial at sea in a cotton canvas shroud would work too, should I happen to die in my sleep at home or...... forbid the notion, ................in a medical facility. My payback to Mother Urth............for years of enjoying "her" bounty.

Condolences to the family and friends of the guide. Sad situation and not entirely understandable by this outdoorsman. Grizzly country, or even a heavily black bear populated one, two folks? One works the carcass the other stands guard. Only one person......head on a swivel and a locked and loaded firearm at the ready.........and hope one could reach it in time.

I wonder what it was like in the Mountain Man times? Lots more bears in lots more areas than there are now. Might have been fun!

Geno

Geno, i am in total agreement on so many levels. to have my carcass dragged down into the woods, and left under a big white oak tree and made available for a feast by the denizens of the forest would not trouble me at all. i wouldn't want to die, but dying in the woods seems like a better choice than being incarcerated in a nursing home for years, then languish in a hospital full of tubes prior to the final demise.

while dying from a bear attack is not to be relished, there's many other ways of dying that are far worse. so, we can regret the accident or whatever it was, but we have to admit if we're cognizant, that not everyone get's to go in such an exciting manner.