Originally Posted by SD300
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by SD300
I'm guessing the Floridian was flustered during the bear attack and couldn't figure out how to shoot the gun in all the excitement.

How can ANYBODY not know how to shoot a Glock?

Maybe he had never shot one before and in the excitement, he didn't think to work the slide to make sure there was a round in the pipe? Either he thought tossing the gun to Uptain was the best thing or Uptain told him to throw it to him or he simply wasn't thinking right with all the excitement.

Empty chamber, magazine not properly seated so he couldn’t chamber a round?

For a while I was carrying a 10mm Glock 29 in the woods, the magazine release projected some distance from the side of the grip. However it happened several times when carried the mag release had been popped resulting in the 10rd magazine dropping out of battery but not falling out of the pistol. I had a Glock guy replace the release with one for a Glock 19. Dropped right in, worked perfectly, laying nearly flush with the grip. Problem solved.
[/quote]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744