Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by Angus1895
No blame game here. And I have not read all the pages. But an observation.......

There is a definite downside to sticking an arrow in an Elk in the afternoon. Bone soured in the morning......plus a grizzly buffet!

Afternoon thermals can also be wish washy.

if the elk was shot in the afternoon, and gotten to the next day.....it was more than likely spoiled.......at that point you need to assume, a bear will be on it.......lets wait and see what smokepole has to say....he should be able to google...spoiled elk, and grizzly bear....and get back to us.....bob
The guide had to have known it was a 99.9% chance they would just find green meat.

My only thought here is the guide, knowing it was a wound shot and not a kill shot, was hoping they could find a weak, and alive, wounded bull, and finish him, and still have good meat to pack-out.

Originally Posted by lvmiker
Your "only thought" is a guess. Good work.

It was a well thought out theory, based on many years of hunting experience. A troll such as yourself would not recognize that.

I guess your friends are more correct than your mom and dad.
I am so happy you enjoyed reading my signature. You obviously barely survive on the left-side of the Bell Curve or you would have recognized the sarcasm.

Do you encounter a lot of bears in Texas?
Actually, I have encountered a bear, many years ago. He was 2-3 feet from my face. It happened at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, which happens to reside in the Republic of TEXAS.

Go smoke some weed with your fakepole boyfriend. You obviously are upset we outed him.

You are getting more amusing w/ every post.

Your "well thought out theory " in the absence of fact= a guess

Sarcasm was not recognized because the quality of your thinking substantiates the opinion of your friends.

If it was called Philmont when you supposedly went face to face w/ a bear tell us again which state it was in. The republic of texas no longer exists.

Smoking weed is not on my agenda but you seem to have an unseemly fascination w/ homoerotica that causes you to guess about many things, or is that another of your "well thought out theories based on many years of.........?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC