Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Curiosity, from those who have faced bears, why is a pump shotgun with solid slugs or 00buck, not the preferred close in bear weapon? Fast handling, close in devastation, and a bead sight for fast sighting. Why choose a long range rifle for a close in job?

Guess what, you have to aim a shotgun, just as you do a rifle, or you ain't hitting sheit.

Shotgun ammo is HEAVY. Never seen anything outside of a dove field that a shotgun is a better choice than a rifle.

I grew up with shotguns. It's a natural extension of my arm. Shotgun ammo ain't much heavier than my .450 bushmaster loads, and I don't count ounces when it's my life on the line.
Besides, even a loaded ammo belt is not uncomfortable to carry long term. (Ymmv)

Compelling, but you still have to AIM with said extension.

Try wearing blue if you go where bears are, it might have the same effect as at do with deer.

Deer see blue very well. They see more into the ultraviolet than we do. Camo works better on us than them anyways. Deer can not see red, but we use hunter orange because we see it better than red. The deer would see the yellow portion of orange.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"