i have had some close encounters with black bear, but have not with a grizz.
what captivates me is the choice of ammunition and the glock.
few years ago i was hunting in an area of colorado where the state said no grizz. this contradicted with my brothers in law, both cattlemen, that knew the area. They said not many, but they were there.
we were sleeping in a outfitter's canvas tent, and i sure felt better at night with a 7inch barrel vaquero in 45 colt.
using this ammo. https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=38
i still have those two boxes.
i checked both buffalo and underwood last night, both had better ammo that the i think article described 165 grain stuff in this situation.
we have both black bear and mt lion living within the city limits of prescott, az. it's only a matter of time.
there are a lot of new people, mostly california, in the area getting freaked out about encountering coyotes while out walking their dog.
signs along hiking paths in case of lion rattle a can with rocks in it., a bear in the parking lot of a walmart store, and people taking pictures of a
cat just few feet from their kids in a popular lake. Response was just a purty cat.
the problem is people unfamilar with these animals invading so to speak their territory.
i was arguing a few years ago with a guy who did own guns, had a mt lion sleeping on his front porch.
i kept telling him to kill it, which he didn't want to do.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO