shrapnel;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day looks as promising on your side of the medicine line as it does here.

While I don't have anywhere near the personal experience with grizzly bears that you do, we've hiked, tented and hunted in areas where they're known to frequent for the past 30+ years.

As well, and I'm not comparing the two - but we're very much familiar with their black bear cousins - saw two pretty fair ones hunting this past weekend in fact and can testify to how incredibly powerful AND fast a black bear can be sometimes.

Anyway, I thought that this "because I know enough to say that he may have done everything he could and still ended up dead" pretty much sums it up, for me anyway.

A good buddy a couple hours north of us worked with a young lady whose brother and his hunting partner were killed by a grizzly out of Canal Flats about 20 years back. They had a bull elk down and two loaded rifles were found at the scene, though one apparently jammed.

Speaking personally, I've come to grips with the fact that I'm not going to live forever and if folks like you and I keep going into grizzly country, it just might be that's the cause of getting our ticket punched. Odds are in my case however some wonderful BC driver will take me out on the highway before I hit the logging road into grizzly country.

Anyway sir, all the best to you and your fine family and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"