Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
So you’ve had a run-in? I’m just curious who can speak on this topic with authority...

I don't know about authority, but I have one exciting experience with a cougar,hunting Elk that left me horseless on the ground..The horse went sideways before I could adjust and I went kaboom on the ground and the other horses were like a rodeo..Cats and horses have a funny thing going.....Once again with a black bear the cook at the local lodge(Grandjean) shot out of the tree and went on a rampage..Went after the horses twice,once when I was on one and once tied up...Again,the horse went sideways and I went the other but held on this time..

And once again with a black bear attacking my neighbor(A minister) over an elk kill in bow season...I got there when it was all over and a really pizzed off minister that had a brand new jacket the bear ripped apart..The bear was literally nailed to a log with an arrow..F&G even did a mild investigation because no bear tag was involved.

I think about bears on every trip,including just getting firewood..Never know......