Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kellory
I would be interested in your impressions of an AR Thumper. I went with the .450 bushmaster.

Why not carry a shotgun?

I know you are being stupid, but I'll answer it anyways. I built the AR .450bushmaster to comply with the Ohio rifle season, which is fairly new. It is designed on a 300yard ammo. Though, a gentleman shooting bowling pins at 300, missed and hit an Aspen tree at 400 yards. He measured 9" of penetration in that tree at 400 yards. I've used a shotgun since I was 8-9 years old. (Roughly 45 years) Rifle is relatively new to me in a center fire cartridge. It gives me an longer range option. Since I can not afford several rifles, I went with the AR platform, and will add A few other uppers when I can for other uses. .450 Bushmaster should kill anything attacking in two legged or 4 legged, anywhere in N/A.

I’ve seen much available on the shelf ammo for that round in Cabelas and Academy. What’s the highest capacity clip you can get for it?

That with a 16” barrel, collapsible stock, high round clip, sling would be a nasty little bish for sure.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.