Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I don't think I would want a 10mm in this case based on the black bear that took 14 or so 10mm rounds and still chewed the guy up pretty bad. I don't know what he had for cartridges though.
Could you provide a link to this. I've never heard this story before.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-finally-stopped-by-a-glock-10mm-pistol/

I don’t know what he had for cartridges but this kind of negates all the nonsense that the G20 has more stopping power because it carries more cartridges albeit all at lower energy. I think the guys that say “I got 10,500 ft pounds of energy in this pistol with 15 cartridges” are just wrong. That is assuming they are using buffalo bore cartridges with their 220’s at about 700 ft pounds per shot. Granted I don’t know what cartridges this man was using but even a 44 magnum carrying 6 340 grain buffalo bore at only 9600 ft or about 1600 ft pounds per shot and a hell of a lot more penetration, could possibly have been a better solution, of coarse a 454 even better.

Some of this assumes you can control the big guns recoil after the first shot, anything more than a 44 mag is HARD for me to control in rapid fire. And it also assumes in a panic, you won't pop off 6 misses. We continue to carry the 10 these days. More chances. After all its what you hit more so than what with, to a point and since Phil killed the charging brown bear with his 9mm all this mine is bigger than yours is kind of moot. Once we found the shot through a chrome bumper every time I was more than impressed....thinking the bear skull isn't any harder than a bumper...

I am guessing this 400 pound black bear did not have any bumpers. eek