Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kellory
I would be interested in your impressions of an AR Thumper. I went with the .450 bushmaster.

Why not carry a shotgun?

I know you are being stupid, but I'll answer it anyways. I built the AR .450bushmaster to comply with the Ohio rifle season, which is fairly new. It is designed on a 300yard ammo. Though, a gentleman shooting bowling pins at 300, missed and hit an Aspen tree at 400 yards. He measured 9" of penetration in that tree at 400 yards. I've used a shotgun since I was 8-9 years old. (Roughly 45 years) Rifle is relatively new to me in a center fire cartridge. It gives me an longer range option. Since I can not afford several rifles, I went with the AR platform, and will add A few other uppers when I can for other uses. .450 Bushmaster should kill anything attacking in two legged or 4 legged, anywhere in N/A.

I’ve seen much available on the shelf ammo for that round in Cabelas and Academy. What’s the highest capacity clip you can get for it?

That with a 16” barrel, collapsible stock, high round clip, sling would be a nasty little bish for sure.

A standard 30rd mag for a .223, with a different follower is a 10rd for .450 Bushmaster. Single stack. Currently I have a 10rd and a 5rd mag just hunting. Law is 3rds only in the weapon, shotgun or rifle. No kills yet. Several with shotgun.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~