Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Yeah, Stuart. I was privileged to take a few meals with one of your cattle ranchers from the Snowy Mountains when we stayed at the same hotel in Ballarat. They were “ rope versus whip “ type of conversations with each of us learning more about them.

Word of warning...Australians absolutely CRINGE when you lot refer to our stations and farms as "ranches", I truly cannot express the antipathy that is viewed with.

So basically you would write that as "I met a couple of your cow cockies in Ballarat and spent some time bullshitting about cattle".

He may have corrected me on that....I don’t recall it being an issue. His STATION was close to, and may have joined, the one where the filming was done fo The Man From Snowy River. I think his STATION has been used in other films as he was very knowledgeable about movie making. I learned this:

There were no trick camera shots involved in the scene where the hero follows the horse herd down a steep mountainside.one of the cow cockies actually rode down it and it was as steep as it appeared on film. Most of the extras in the riding scenes came from the neighboring STATIONS and just did what they do in their line of work.

Some damn fine horsemen in your country.......riding goofy looking saddles.😀

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place