Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91but didn't find right away
[/quote
Never said I hunt a high fence, and never would either. All low fence back country pal. Maybe if you hadn't wasted your life away on the internet harrassing people, you could afford to hunt a quality area.

"Low fence backcountry" that's hilarious, keep 'em coming!! "Backcountry" is not fenced. At least where I hunt. It ain't private land either. And as far as all your sanctimonious bullsh** about never making a bad shot, you just haven't hunted enough, it'll happen.

And just to put some facts in front of you so you can stop with your sanctimonious bullsh**, neither one of the two elk I killed suffered inordinately, I just couldn't find them in the dark and had to come back in the morning. One was a cow I shot with a muzzleloader, perfect placement on a 60 yard standing broadside shot. The bullet double-lunged her and was expanded to the size of a quarter, just under the off-side hide. She made it lesss than 200 yards and died out in the open on a night that got down near 20 degrees. The reason I couldn't find her was, she took off running the way she was facing, got into a grove of spruce where I couldn't see her, and turned 180 degrees and ran the other direction before she piled up. She left one drop of blood the size of a quarter, right where she was standing when I shot. I spent a few hours looking in the wrong direction, searching by headlamp.

We found her at first light and I was pissed, I thought I'd lost the meat because like you, I'd never done what we're talking about here, that is, recovered an animal after it layed overnight. Like you, I believed the stuff I'd always heard and read in Field and Stream.

Now I know better. One day you will. Possibly.

The other was a bull. Fatal shot, 30 yards broadside. He trotted 60 yards and layed down under a tree. I stood there watching him for 15 minutes, and he watched me, too sick to run off. Finally his head flopped over and layed on the ground. It was my first bow kill and I was excited and wanted to put my hands on him. So I didn't wait long enough before I walked up to him. If I had, I'd have recovered him right there, 60 yards from the shot. But he got up and trotted into the thick oak brush. By that time it was dark and my only move was to back out and come back in the morning.

We found him at first light, he'd made it another hundred yards.

And the meat was still good.

Other than that, it's beyond me how a person with as little experience and knowledge as you becomes such a sanctimonious prick in such a short time on this earth.

A wise man is frequently humbled.