Originally Posted by Buck2
I have posted this before, and it's still the reason I believe.

1) The odds: Scientist says that the odds of all of the amino acids, proteins, etc. came together at the same time in the right place to get electrically charged to create a cell (the simplest form of life) is around 10 to the 40,000th power (this is a 10 with 39,999 zeros behind it). Mathematicians say that anything higher than 10 to the 50th power is impossible to happen through random chance. Charles Darwin thought that the cell was very simple but today we know better. One cell contains enough information that if printed out would take over 500,000 pages.

2) Design and purpose: Albert Einstein (one of the smartest men to walk the Earth) did not profess to be a Christian but he did believe in a creator. Einstein said that when he looked at the universe and the way all things worked together, he saw design and purpose. If I gave you a watch and told you that the watch had evolved over millions of years because nature knew that man needed a way to tell time you would think I was crazy! But we have been taught to believe that (even though thousands of times more complicated) our eyes, nose, ears, etc. just evolved because we needed them.

3) Ignorance of man: Just a few years ago the scientific community was on fire celebrating the fact that they had created life for the first time. Over thousands of years one of man's greatest accomplishments was to copy the simplest form of life (a cell) and reproduce it. If this is the best that we can do, why then would I put faith in the ignorance of man to tell me how we came to be.

4) Population growth rate: Studies of population growth rate shows us that there is around a 2% growth rate in the human population. If you take the 7 billion people alive today, and reverse that at a rate of 2% you will come up with roughly somewhere between 7,000 to 10,000 years. Which goes hand-in-hand with what the Bible tells us. If you go back just 25,000 years with a 2% growth rate you will come up with 100+ billion people, but we have nowhere near this today. Scientist say that humans have walked the Earth for 500,000+ years. Surely over 500,000 years (even with disease or famine nearly wiping out the human lippopulation several times) there would be periods of 10 to 20 thousand years with no catastrophic disease or famine, but there is no evidence of large populations. Most scientists agree that there are almost as many people alive today as there are dead.

Trash this post. It's too deep and complicated for unbelievers to comprehend, therefore, impossible.

Schiett exploded a long time ago. They told us that in skool. Therefore, I no. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin