Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Fubarski
...you can't stand to see someone believe in a higher power.
Nailed it, plain and simple. Period.
No, it's still about evidence and justification, always was and always will be.
For you, maybe quite the case - but that "all about" is a personal human need - or possibly some avoidance behavior. In the course of this thread, some non-believers have attributed a variety of beliefs and behaviors to Christians as a category - and much of that as negative. That behavior has been ineffective. Really, after all, these disagreements are not disagreements between and among humans - the disagreements are clear when one compares what God says with that which is said by non-believing humans. Of course, this cleft is nothing new - it is, at least, centuries old. God endures - the human does not.
Before a god can say anything he must exist, for which I see no good evidence.
I see plenty of people, such as yourself, claiming to speak for god(s), so, yea, this is between people.
Your ophthalmologist may already have told you such but, in my case, your eyesight is quite poor. I make zero claim about speaking for God - none - although, at times, I will state what I personally see in His commandments and directions. Clearly, you do not see what I see. We are humans and, thus, incapable of seeing and knowing all that God has been, is, and will be. And, our human capabilities differ - we do not all "see" the same. If, by chance, I were to opine that God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find, what would you express in response?
Instead of weasel worded hypotheticals about what your position might be, why won't you just plainly state it.
It looks as though you don't grasp the potentially exquisite subtleties of the subjunctive case. Too bad. So, as you suggest, here it is in your face. How do you respond to a position such as this:-"God is not interested in the futile human process and search for evidence about God, and not interested in what evidence humans do or do not find."

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron