Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by DBT
... What results is not a good look for them or Christianity. But of course, sadly, they can't see that.

Im inclined to say some can see it, but dont
give a damn about how Jesus wants them
to represent him.

Then on top of that, Fubi comparing himself to Jesus
in the temple is just so absurd.. LoL

Don’t look to any of us, or any of you, for perfection. You all draw first blood and then cry when we fight back. I am surrounded by many fine Christian people that exhaust themselves to help others. You attack them and I’m gonna attack you. Simple as that. One of my faults, for sure. Nonetheless, many of us, including myself, will fight back.

I never aim comments at a poster unless they become insulting first. The issue is that there are a few Christians on the forum who quickly resort to cowardly insults and flaming whenever anyone questions faith. They show complete intolerance to reasonable and open inquiry.

I certainly don’t, or at least I shouldn’t get aggravated over mere questions. No doubt....but the dialogue needs to be kept respectful. To say that your side can be insulting is an understatement. Some of the comments are off the chain. And directed at some of the finest people on this earth, that are trying to make a difference in the world. That is complete bs. Are you all not aware of the efforts that are being made to help others in need? Perhaps that is not going on in your neck of the woods? It certainly is here, and on a grand scale. Again, I’ll push back when we are pushed first.

There is sniping from both sides, but as I said, I never direct comments at poster unless they attack first, and then I point out what they are doing. I stick to the issues with faith as I see it until that point.

I don't doubt that many of the posters are fine people, but some in fact do appear to forget their manners and their sense of tolerance to other points of view when their faith is questioned, no matter how reasonably or respectfully.

It is the mere challenge to faith that sets them off. And once set off, they do not appear to be the fine people that they normally are.

That is the problem. The Jekyll and Hyde transformation when challenged.