Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

I'm not the arrogant one abusing others because they question beliefs and point out problems, in other words, discussing the issues and not attacking an opponent. That is you and your group.

The context was wrong because the context described in genesis tells us that God placed two naive individuals, not having knowledge of good and evil, right and wrong, in the garden with a cunning Serpent in the full knowledge of what would happen....and it was only upon eating of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil that they knew what they had done.

That clearly is the context because that is the story line.

I haven’t been arrogant; I hope I haven’t come across as such.

As a matter of fact if there were a few I could share a camp with from the fire here as I have some Antelope Sniper would be toward the top of the list.

The problem with your “context was wrong” comment was that I never even tried to dispute your interpretation of the Genesis narrative. All I did was complete the story showing Gods gracious plan.

Fair enough....but I would question the idea that it is a gracious plan to set up a naive couple to fail, knowing that they would fail, blaming them for their inadequacy and failure, then punishing not only them but the whole world for it.

How this could be described as gracious is a mystery to me.

In His grace He did not kill them and start over. I am sure they would agree.

No, According your bible, he just flooded the entire world, murdering every human, except eight, so in this portrayal, he's not exactly gracious.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell