I was raised in a family that worshipped God through Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit but decided I wanted freedom. I went out and tried to invent a worldview that would allow me to do what I wanted when I wanted. I found pursuit of my appetites a pointless and empty endeavor.

Once my God’s grace allowed me to get to the point where I was in so much pain I had to kill myself or bend the knee to the Lord of the universe I became sane and said as did the great king, I ...” lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever...”

I cannot see another worldview that doesn’t lead to nihilism and we’re reaping our collective abandonment of the Lord of Heaven.

My life is not my own and I am deeply grateful for that. I have been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world NOT (THERE IS NO WAY OBVIOUSLY) because I am better than anyone, but because God “will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy”

The foreknowledge argument either ignores the plain meaning of the text (ie God foreknew everyone which would lead to universalism) or adds to it “those He foreknew would choose Him...” but in any case it ignores the clear teaching of Scripture that apart from the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of depraved man we are all without hope of any kind whatsoever.