Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Starman
What are my 'usual tactics'..?
go ahead expose me!..

No need - it's already hanging out fully exposed all to see. And, who is laughing?
Hmmm dont know, who's laughing?Is it one of your favorite story book characters...?
seen lots of empty word blowhard Catholics in my time - you catholic by any chance?

hmmmm - you said that YOU were laughing. Check your post. Laugh on - you may be laughing alone.

And, you are fishing again with that question. If I were Roman Catholic, it would make no material difference in your case - same old, same old for you.
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
It's a ruthless Boss who throws people into Hell for their beliefs or their lack of conviction. Reason would say: convince the person, not torture them.

Yes, among other important qualities - ruthless - you got it. Whose reason? Human reason, or the reason of the Almighty?

Reason is determined by information. If the 'Almighty' is said to have given a set of values, and is said to embody this set of values, yet is described acting contrary to the very same set of values....we have a problem, we are presented with a contradiction.

Information seems to be only one of the determinants in human reasoning. You say "We have a problem, we are presented with a contradiction". Who is "we"? For whom is a contradiction a problem, and why?

'We' means us the readers. The text doesn't change. It remains the same for all readers/observers. The problems begin with interpretation. Some try to convert what the text clearly says and clearly means into something it clearly does not say or mean. Why? Because the actual meaning does not suit the needs of the faith of the believer. The believer is not looking at it objectively. The filter of faith screens whatever does not suit.

Methinks you are way overly presumptuous with your sweeping definition of "we" - you simply don't get to sweep all others here into your leaky thinking/reasoning bucket. Me also thinks that in speaking for"we", you simply must have a mouse in your pocket.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron