Originally Posted by antlers
It seems there are several different kinds of people who don’t believe in God:
A. Those who just don’t believe.
B. Those who don’t believe but want to believe.
C. And those who just don’t ‘want’ to believe.
Again, there is a big difference between “I don’t believe it” and “I don’t ‘want’ to believe it.”
“I don’t ‘want’ to believe it” has to do with will....and want. Did ‘these’ folks decide to not believe because faith got to be inconvenient...? And then, after they decided to not believe, they needed to develop some support for their unbelief. Did their decision to not believe precede the data they’ve collected to support their unbelief...? If their unbelief is around will and want...information will never suffice. Could it be that the real reason they choose to not believe isn’t perhaps the reasons that they give...isn’t perhaps their presenting facts and arguments ...could it be something else...? If they admit God, they’ve got to submit to God..if there’s a God that’s going to hold them accountable, then suddenly they are accountable. Their arguments aren’t arguments, for or against anything...they’re responses. Their resistance and reluctance to acknowledge God...is not an argument...it’s just a response. It explains why they’ve developed their arsenal of arguments. And their arguments against the existence of God came after their decision to not want God. Their intellectual arguments against the existence of God didn’t come first...they came second. For whatever reason...they don’t want God to ‘be’. They don’t want to feel what they might feel. The real issue is their personal resistance, ‘not’ Gods existence. This isn’t about Gods existence, this isn’t about science...this is about their personal resistance.
Humanity has struggled with the submission to God since the beginning of humanity.
‘If’ God...then there’s forgiveness. Our rebellion, our sin, our ‘mistakes’, our wrongdoings...become a platform for God to demonstrate His love for us. He says that He “demonstrates” His own love for us in this...that while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us. God wanted to enter into a relationship with mankind. You can not have a loving relationship with someone you do not sacrifice for; if you do not sacrifice for them - they do not know that you love them. ‘If’ God...then there’s relationship.

Antlers,

What a finely constructed strawman you have erected only to batter it down.

I suspect you could benefit from actually knowing, and actually listening to some atheist.

A lot of Atheist deconverted by reading the Bible.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell