Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by bannination
So a lack of belief in the easter bunny requires an easter bunny to exist? Do you see the logic?
First you brought up Santa, then you bring up the Easter Bunny. And ‘you’re’ bringing up ‘logic’ now...? Have ‘either’ of these had the historicity of the God of Christianity...or the influence upon Western Civilization that the God of Christianity has had...? For ultra-rationalists, you atheists sound downright emotional. You atheists defend
your claims with an intense religious zeal. Embrace your religiosity.

I'll take that as a "no". It's obvious you realize it's a problem, hence only distracting away from the statement I've been there... it's cognitive dissonance and it's difficult.

You made the claim -- that "Atheism requires a God for you not to believe in." I just followed your logic to show you how illogical that statement is. If you don't like the easter bunny then about how about ghosts. "Lack of belief in ghosts requires ghosts for you not to believe in." Obviously it absolutely doesn't.

Now you fall back on the argument that popularity gives credence to truth. Well, the Harry Potter series was immensely popular, but it's still fiction. What do you believe this argument proves? If you don't like that argument -- then obviously other religions have had a similar amount of influence. Are those religions true?

You're still pretending you have a criteria to truth, but you cannot clearly state it because you yourself know it not to be true.

Last edited by bannination; 02/25/20.