Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

You can come up with nothing better than a 41 verse Red Herring?

If you really thought this through, I think you could do much better, but, I suspect you are not comfortable with where it would lead.

Not a red herring in the least. I don’t care to question the most high God of the universe. The poem illustrates the gall of the man who presumes to question One who is outside time & space.

Debating people who don’t see that as utter foolishness is a waste of time.

As it is written,

“For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools”

Your argument presupposed a lot, that your God exists, and that he's the "Most High God of the Universe". If that was the case, it should be self evident from the writings, morals, ethics, and values attributed to him. I just don't see that as being the case, so as a skeptic, it is my to question these writing as ask if they are relevant or outdated, necessary or arbitrary, helpful or oppressive.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell