Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
...so the Bible cannot be entirely inerrant... Can anyone explain...
Good afternoon. My thoughts on the above... I do not believe that Jesus is bound by the covers of a book. Nor do I believe that following Jesus requires an inerrant Bible. The Bible is ‘not’ the foundation of the Christian faith. It wasn’t for early first century Christians (when the Bible didn’t even exist), and it’s not now. The Bible exists ‘because of’ Christianity, Christianity does ‘not’ exist ‘because of’ the Bible. *Jesus’ Resurrection is ‘the’ foundation of the Christian faith.* Christianity would ‘still’ be true even if there were no Bibles and no manuscripts. Jesus’ most devout first century followers never owned a Bible, never read a Bible...because there was no Bible to be had or read. And they never held a Bible because there was no Bible until the fourth century.

In your view was the Crucifixion and Resurrection a literal historical event on this Earth, or does it matter if it wasn't?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell