Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by NVhntr
And the winner is......because my parents were. - - -

No winner there - you are so very wrong.

People who have had no contact with the bible or Christianity cannot become Christians, that can only happen through conditioning, conversion or people being drawn to the faith once it has been established....missionaries or evangelism at work, etc.

You certainly live in a vacuum. There Muslims who became Christian because Jesus came to them.

Read the book The Case For Miracles.

I didn't expect you to understand what I said, and you have confirmed my expectation.

Just a hint, it has nothing to do with the fact that some do happen to convert....which is what I said.

Did you consider the fact that there are people who convert to Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, etc? What do you think that means?

God sends a deluding influence one those who wish to believe a lie. Read the book The Case For Miracle.

I've read that in the Bible, but I find it a bit confusing. I've heard from a lot of Christians that the way they came to believe was by some life changing event that left them convinced that God had spoken to them. Many of them were not seeking at all, and perhaps didn't even want to believe. The Apostle Paul might even fit that description, I don't know. It just seems like that statement doesn't always hold true. It seems like you need to believe in order to understand, but you also need to understand before you can believe, if that makes sense.