Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by huntinaz
Originally Posted by efw
My experience is that God calls to those with open minds and hearts who know they’re deeply flawed and want to know Him.

I’ve met many people who didn’t believe but didn’t NOT believe and who asked God to show Himself to them and none were ignored.

But in the interest of fairness, if you’d prefer to shake your fist or wave your bird at Him instead you’ll also get the answer you seek.

That was not my experience. I tried. The more I learned about it, about the Bible, about science, about religions in general and about the world the less it made sense. I could lie to everyone else of course but if He is real then I figured I wasn't fooling Him. You reckon he'd be more pissed at trying to pull one over on Him or not pretending to be faithful?

Well, you were right in not fooling Him. Now, learning science, the apparent contradictions in the Bible, about other religions and then making your "intelligent" deduction and thus relying on your own understanding rather than having faith is a losing proposition.

How many years did you ask Him in prayer to give you faith and help you overcome your unbelief, not saying I'm an expert or good example or very well versed in this.

Numerous years, off and on. And I wasn’t asking to overcome unbelief, I was asking for asking for conviction on what I assumed must be true but had never felt truly and didn’t figure He would appreciate me lying about it to Him