Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bea175
Shoot what you can handle and hit them where they live and you will be killing yourself getting a Bull out of the mountain. The 300 Wby is a great hunting round if you can handle the recoil, most newbe's can't and would be much better off packing a 30-06 or 308 for Elk.

Exactly.. All this gack is fun, but what most guys really need to be doing is practicing with their elk rifle on a more consistent basis......

I kinda dig the 300 Wby my son was gifted this past year from my elk hunting partner.. grin

[Linked Image]

Scotty, that is a damn good shooting 300 wby. Reminds me of how mine shot 180gr. ballistic tips and partitions. Why in the hell I ever got rid of it, I'll never know!!!! I don't know what your son ended up with, but mine was built on a really nice m1917 sporter. I sold it to a guy on the other side of the river about 40 miles from where your elk hunting partner lives...

It's an older Japanese MK5 that was my elk hunting partner's fathers rifle. He passed it along to my son last year. Hoping he gets a chance to use it this Fall in Wyoming for elk.

I have had a 300 Wby in a Vanguard, didn't like it. I like what this MK5 does, so it is has kinda gotten me back on a 300 magnum kick recently. I think a 300 Win or Wby 70 Classic Sporter would be the one. I am dieing to put a rifle in a Legend stock and can't think of a better one than a 300 mag in a Classic.

Semper Fi