While I don't personally use RN bullets while I head west, I don't particularly dote on the BC of the bullet either. I have taken elk with the TSX, Partition and Accubonds. I'd gladly run the Northforks or Swifts for the same jobs. My absolute max range that I can practice to is 600 yards. I think a higher BC bullet may assist with a breeze I can't feel from my shooting position, but honestly, if I can feel a strong enough wind, I am holding fire or finding a way to cut the distance. What I won't take a chance of is getting into the timber with elk and being worried about if my bullet will smash the onside and hopefully the far side legs upclose. As so one said, most of the elk hunting kills for me have been around 250-300 yards. If there was a sleek high BC bullet that I knew would expand (and maintain its frontal area) when the speed as dropped off and but still would hold up, up close, I'd run them in all the guns. So far, the closet I have taken animals with is the AB and PT's. Not knocking the others, just haven't used them yet. I will say I tend towards the heavier end of AB's just to hedge my bets and I haven't been bitten yet.

As for the 300 Wby... Well, I have seen it work EXCELLENT with the 180 PT and 200 AB. So much so there isn't much I would worry about hunting with those two. Same goes for the 200 PT, just haven't taken or observed any elk taken with them.

Someone mentioned the 250 PT from a 338 Win Mag blowing up, and I wouldn't question it, but I have seen that bullet blow through a ton of bone and meat and put it into a bunch of water jugs and never once seen it start to do anything wonky, but just as with anything man made, stuff happens, but for hunting really furry stuff, I'd stake my life on that bullet as much as anything else that is made.

Semper Fi