Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by BWalker
Awesome, you have succeeded into turning your 7Mag into a 280!

No, because I use 140g NF and TTSX in the .280. They both get launched about 250fps faster when I use them in my 7mm RM.

Same thing applies to your 280. Can't get around poorly designed shape.

It went right over his head, BW.

I think Coyote Hunter means well. But he's dense as fück.

BW is suggesting by using NF I've turned my .280 into something less, just as, is his mind, their usage turns my 7mm RM into something less. It is a contention arising from ignorance or stupidity, take your pick.

BW is fixated on high B.C. and if that's the primary characteristic by which he wants to assess a bullet, that's fine. I place a much higher value terminal performance at the ranges where I have and expect to actually take game. A 7mm-08 can't keep up with my .280 Rem and it can't keep up with my 7mm RM, regardless of the bullet used.

BW isn't even consistent. On one hand he talks about 'arbitrary criteria' and the importance of retained velocity, yet 'arbitrary criteria' is exactly what he uses when he chooses AB over bullets that do a much better job of retaining velocity. The truth is he is using very much the same 'arbitrary criteria' I use when selecting the AB - trust in the terminal performance at the ranges of intended use.

I am suggesting that your dropping velocity needlessly with NF bullets. You even provided the numbers!
And I do not use high BC target bullets. I also don't sling bricks..

Last edited by BWalker; 04/17/16.