Originally Posted by Sheister
I have to laugh that the measure of a cartridge seems to be how big of a bull you think it will kill... I'm pretty sure anything I listed above and many more will kill any bull walking and then some.

And somehow now it's a contest of who knows who? If you have the money a guide will get you close enough to any size bull you want so the cartridge is a secondary consideration IMO... big bulls go down just like any other bulls if you punch a hole in the right place... if you think otherwise I'm thinking you haven't been hitting them in the right place....

I swear, this isn't a hunting site any more- it has officially become a penis measuring contest.... I guess you guys win because I just don't really give a crap....

Bob

Just because a cartridge is capable of killing elk does not mean anything larger is excessive or unnecessary. You can put in a lot of hours to get a shot on a big, public land bull. Maybe that shot is a hard quartering angle in the timber. You might not have time to move around and pick out a place to send a lesser bullet. That’s when the big boys earn their keep, but guys who hunt raghorns and cows in the open pretend they know it all.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.