Originally Posted by Canazes9
It's easy to fake a post edit, already proven. Your timeline "proof" is bull$hit.

David

Yesterday I contacted support at ubbcentral.com, makers of the bulletin board software that powers this forum. I asked them three specific question about the ubb/msSQL database, to wit:

1. Does ubb retain edit times in the mySQL database even if users choose not to display those times?

2, Does ubb retain a count of the number of times a post has been edited?

3. Does ubb keep each of the edited versions of the post so that such versions could later be viewed and exported by an admin for such things as security compliance, court orders, etc?

Here is the answer I got back today, with my name and email address x'd out:

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:52 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question re ubb and mySQL database

Hi xxxxx, edit times are recorded, it does not count the number of times or log revisions for review later.

thanks!

Brooks

For the reading comprehension challenged, that response means edit times are recorded in the database whether the user chooses to have them displayed or not, exactly as I expected. Further, without direct access to and administrative privileges for the mySQL database, the edit times in the database cannot be changed.

Mule Deer's claims I changed my posts in response to later challenges by him are thus patently and provably false. The posts he referred to have the edit times clearly indicated and those times predate the original post times of Mule Deer's any subsequent posts. A couple of my later posts were never edited and thus have no edit times - as an examination of the database would show - but in any case these were not the posts Mule Deer claims I changed. In other words, unless I was time travelling and taking the ubb/mySQL database with me, Mule Deer lied.

I am still waiting for ANY of the Mule Deer groupies - and particularly those that have called me a liar - to show they have even read the thread in question and have the slightest clue as to the evidence that is plainly available therein. Mule Deer lied and the displayed edit and original post times on our various posts prove it.

Some moron (or morons) will probably suggest I could easily fake the above email response from. That is true. To them I say "Don't be such a moron - ask for yourself." I could make it easy to do so by providing contact information but if I had to look it up I guess the morons can do the same. The 30 seconds it takes will probably be the most time any of Mule Deer's groupies - back then or now - have ever spent actually seeking the truth.

Which is, of course, that Mule Deer lied.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.