Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
When blast and recoil are the proximate cause of a shooter's poor shooting, reducing them is - in spite of your apparent claims to the contrary - a good place to start if the goal is to help the shooter improve.

You have an uncanny knack for stating the obvious. Perhaps only exceeded your sense of discovery, which reveals your level of understanding. And by the way, I never made any "claims to the contrary," but nice try.
/

What do you call this?

Originally Posted by smokepole
Agreed, if a hunter can't shoot a gun well because of the recoil and blast, a gun with less of both is probably a better choice.

This is a fallacy.

If that is not a rejection of the idea that reducing recoil and blast can help a recoil/blast sensitive hunter shoot better, what is it?

Your fallacy was the assumption implicit in your quote below, that hunters in general, or the hunter you were replying to choose mild-recoiling chamberings because they can't handle recoil:

Agreed, if a hunter can't shoot a gun well because of the recoil and blast.....

And it's a fallacy because the previous poster (the one you were "agreeing with") said nothing about not being able to handle recoil or muzzle blast, you're the one who added that particular spin, and you're the one who implied he couldn't handle recoil.

I can draw a diagram if that would help.

I was agreeing with the OP that “Hunting is supposed to be fun”. I know quite a few shooters who are sensitive to recoil and blast and none of them consider it “fun” when recoil and blast exceed their tolerance levels.

I was also agreeing with the OP when he asked the question “whether more gun necessarily means better gun. Well, what's a better gun?” and then stated ”It becomes subjective pretty darn quickly.” I think the OP and I would agree that “more gun” generally means more recoil and blast as well. Nothing I wrote was about the OP’s shooting ability or his individual ability to handle recoil or blast – you made that part up.

Once again, your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Don’t need a drawing to see that.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.