Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by Sheister
300 Weatherby is a great elk cartridge. I have a Pre 64 70 in a 300 H&H Improved, which I believe is the cartridge the 300 Weatherby was designed to mimic. Same dimensions and loading specs, but with the Weatherby radiused shoulders. My son loves it for elk and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting it back from him any time soon...

However good it is, there are lots of great cartridges out these days that are its equal or better- 338 WM, 300 RUM, 338 RUM, and many more....

A lot of guys who spend a lot of money on tags really don't know rifles and ballistics like the loonies on this forum- they buy what somebody recommends to them, shoot them a couple times a year with some off the shelf ammo, and go hunting with guides and help to get their elk out of the mountains... I've know a few of these guys and they were great guys most of the time but didn't know crap about rifles, ballistics, bullets, etc.....

Bob

Are you on crack?

Right? We got some calf killin , desert huntin, Alberta flat ground huntin sumbitches here!!! I mean, folks can hump em up and watch for miles if need be!!! Just fuucking amazing... Kill some mature bulls in western WA \oregon north Idaho before ya start yappin....

If you think elk hunting in AB is all flat-ground, “hump ‘em up and watch ‘em for miles”, then you’ve only experienced a very small part of elk hunting in the province.

Curious, have you hunted elk in AB, Jud? I know you’ve hunted MD here.