Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I am not gloating, If you are not concerned about the implications of this event I refer you to Columbine and previous high profile shootings.

You may remember some unpleasantness back in the early 60's that led to some law in 1968 that many here do not like.

Thanks for the "History lesson", Spankojackoffalus.

I also remember some events SINCE 1968 like Ronald Reagan, after he was the victim of a nearly identical shooting, REPEALED some of the aspects of the GCA of '68.

What ant-gun legislation resulted from Columbine?
The liberal MSM trying to make hay out of a trajedy that had NOTHING to do with the behavior of the average gun owner does not automatically result in ant- gun legislation. It only HIGHLIGHTS the bogus arguments of the Anti gun crowd.

Other than Bill Clinton/ and Rosie O'Donnell trying to sir up schit -NOTHING happened after Columbine. Higher NRA membership and more guns sold. The assult weapons ban still sunsetted a few years later. More CCW states now than ever before. Pretty much only YOUR state's gun laws have steadily gone to hell in a hand basket since then. While you know doubt ,were sailing yachts with your anti-gun freinds.

Most Americans are SMART enough to know their rights should not be sacrificed due to the actions of a nut-job.
In Kalifornia, I am SURE your fellow members of the "Marin County Yacht club" support such bullschit, but here in the Heartland, not so much.

Thanks to the folks in "flyover country" as you call us,we now have a Republican controlled house. They will no doubt send their condolences to the victims BUT will not commit political suicide and hasten more of their membership into early retirement in 2012 by passing any stupid anti-gun legislation over this.

Last edited by jim62; 01/08/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt