Originally Posted by Scott F
Several people died, A woman is in the hospital with a gunshot wound to her head. And some say that it's OK because she chose to be a politician and some say that is OK because her opinions may have differed from their opinions. Step back and think about this for a moment. If someone differs with your opinions do they deserve to die? Where does the OK to die park begin and where does it end. I shoot a 22 K-hornet and like liver. Should I me shot for those opinions. I drive a Ford. Where should I report for execution? If my wife cooks my eggs to hard this morning am I justified in shooting her? Heaven forbid anyone like me should have a difference of beliefs or opinion.

Really? You read all the posts and you found somebody who said it was OK for her to be shot? I don't think I found anything like that even from the partisans. Where were you looking?

But your next point is indeed a good one. I'm pretty sure I heard some overtures about preemptively rounding up "lunatics," apparently defined as "people who don't agree with me," where the exact nature of the "me" is not clear.

I mean, I suppose I could tolerate the Ford, even though I'm a Toyota man myself, because I'm basically a nice guy. But owning a Smith & Wesson--especially if you bought it new rather than getting it used--might well approach lunacy as far as I'm concerned, right?

It is certainly sobering to see how desperate people are to throw their liberties--and other people's, especially other people's--at the State after something like this, so that the safety of their rulers might increase.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867