Despite your normally articulate posts Barak, you probably could've worded your thoughts better on this one, my man. You're out on a limb here...

I mean, I don't put politicians on a pedestal either.........

Casey

Originally Posted by Barak
I can see how your argument would hang together for somebody who believes that "politician" is just another job like "plumber" or "farmer" or "doctor."

I don't believe that, though.

Plumbers and farmers and doctors help people. Politicians hurt people. (They'll claim they help people, and they'll produce people who will swear they've been helped, but they can only ever help one person by hurting another person more.) Politicians do the same sorts of things that the State locks private criminals away for; but politicians get away with it because being part of the State makes them special.

Most folks would say that in a situation involving a child, a single mother, and an armed robber escaped from prison, the most important thing is that the child and the mother survive. It'd be better if the armed robber survives too, but if it works out that he doesn't, it's less loss than it would be if the mother or child hadn't made it.

I'm only saying the same thing. To me, a politician is a peg or two lower on the scale than an armed robber.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.