But I'll bet that as a CO you can't let yourself develop a close relationship with a prisoner or become personally involved in his life the way we can. As I understand things, it'd be a dereliction of your duty, as well as physically dangerous to you, as well as practically impossible in at least a few cases (which would probably turn out to be the most important ones), given what you know about the prisoners.

Now, in defense of your point, I know of at least one active-duty CO, an active-duty warden, a retired warden, and an active-duty deputy warden who have been Kairos volunteers--and reasonably effective ones--but never at their own prisons.

The best I can do is a nudge. Sharing his pain isn't an option. Ministering to him isn't an option. Praying with him is not an option. Just an occasional word, a flicker of light.

Of course if he later gets stupid it's a face full of pepper gas and a trip to the floor. Don't cross the line, the inmate makes the choice of dealing with Mr. Crosshair or officer Crosshair. Even my snitches know I won't give them slack.

Originally Posted by Enrique
Being a politician does not make you more important than a bystander. Being a bystander does not make you more important than a politician. A human life is a human life. one is not more justifiable then the other. For you(Barak) to hint that one is more justafiable then the other is sad. Read the word and understand it. Jesus would not have acted in this manner or would want you to act in this manner.
Maybe we are all taking your words out of context, maybe you need to correct them. However you seem to be sticking to your guns so I doubt we have taken your words out of context.
It is sickening to see you right those words. Sure Gabby was a politician, sure she knew the risk, sure we all know she isn't perfect, but she is still a daughter, a mother and most of all one of God's creation. She was a victim of a crime. Regardless of what she is or has done,she didn't deserve to be shot, judge Roll didn't deserve to be killed. The public and others involved didn't deserve this. The little girl that still had her whole life in front of her didn't deserve this. None is more important than the other. They are equally important. It is sad to see you say that someone deserved this. No one did!

I've never had an issue with you, but I do have an issue with how you are coming off in this thread. You are wrong and in a sense just as bad as the dirt bag that committed this crime because you are justifying part of his actions.

Kique

From the reading I've done it seems that her positions on boarder security were spot on. Not as aggressive as I would like to see, but not typical DP positions.

Last edited by crosshair; 01/09/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.